What is ChatGPT?
It’s a natural language processing tool driven by AI, allowing you to have human-like conversations and much more with a chatbot.
The possibilities are endless (especially for productivity) – this revolutionary product can answer questions, help compose emails, essays, code and so much more!
This incredible tool is powered by OpenAI, the San Francisco-based startup co-founded in 2015 by Elon Musk and Sam Altman.
Here is an example of a semi-specific ChatGPT prompt and its output:
Without further ado, let us get into all the new statistics that were found about ChatGPT within the month of April.
Usage and Engagement Statistics
- Within just one week of its launch, ChatGPT attracted one million users
- Within two months of its launch, ChatGPT had reached a staggering 100 million users
- The highest Google search volume for ChatGPT comes from China, even though it is banned in that country
- It is forecasted that ChatGPT will generate $200 million in revenue in 2023
- Microsoft invested $10B into ChatGPT which gained them 46% ownership of the company
- The first version of ChatGPT is GPT-1 which was released in 2018
Usage Between December & March
- According to SimilarWeb, the app recorded over 1.6 billion users in March 2023, with an average of 6.67 pages per visit
- In February 2023, ChatGPT had over 1 billion users, and 616 million users in January 2023
ChatGPT AI-Language Model Statistics
- The word limit on ChatGPT’s GPT-3 is 3,000 words while the word limit on GPT-4 is 25,000 words
- ChatGPT is attracting an estimated 96 million visitors per month
- By the end of the year 2024, OpenAI expects its revenue to increase to $1 billion
- ChatGPT’s GPT-4 has an accuracy of 88%
- Around 300 billion words were entered into the ChatGPT system
- ChatGPT is not accessible in countries such as Ukraine, China, Iran, Russia, Belarus, Afghanistan, and Venezuela
- GPT-4 is a large multimodal model that can solve problems with greater accuracy than GPT-3
- GPT-4 is optimized for chat but works well with traditional completion tasks
ChatGPT Parameter Statistics
- GPT-3 has 175 billion parameters vs. ChatGPT’s 20 billion parameters
- GPT-4 was released on March 14 and contains 100 trillion parameters
ChatGPT Global Reach Statistics
- Over 100 million people use ChatGPT as of today
- ChatGPT crossed the 100 million users milestone in January 2023
- ChatGPT had more than 57 million monthly users in the first month of its launch
- ChatGPT is currently attracting an estimated 96 million visitors per month
- ChatGPT is the fastest growing service in the history of the internet.
- ChatGPT is the 1st website or online platform to reach one million members in less than one week (this also includes gaming platforms and online games as well)
- ChatGPT reached one million active users in 14.28% of the time it took the Angry Birds mobile game to get one million users (that’s 7 times faster than Angry Birds time to reach 1M users).
ChatGPT Impact Statistics
- More than 40 percent of adults in the United States are aware of the program
- It took the generative AI program less than five days to reach a million users, a new record among tech phenomena
- ChatGPT has impressive stats, with 175 Billion parameters and 570 GB of data
- OpenAI projects that ChatGPT will make $200 million this year, and $1 billion in 2024
- ChatGPT set a record as the fastest app to reach 100 million active users, reaching that milestone in two months
Is ChatGPT Free?
OpenAI’s ChatGPT is trained to follow instructions in a prompt and provide detailed responses – all for free!
With its help, you could quickly uncover a wealth of new knowledge.
How was ChatGPT Trained?
ChatGPT has been trained using Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback (RLHF) and is fine-tuned from GPT-3.5 – making it one of the most powerful AI language models available today.
With ChatGPT, you can create conversations more quickly and accurately than ever before, allowing you to use ChatGPT to your advantage.
How Does ChatGPT Compare to Other Language Models?
ChatGPT has several unique features that set it apart from its competitors:
- It is fine-tuned for specific NLP tasks such as question-answering and text generation
- It is one of the largest language models in existence with over 175 billion parameters
- It has been pre-trained on massive amounts of text data giving it a solid foundation for further use
- Its large model size and optimized algorithms allow it to generate text much faster than other models
With these advantages, ChatGPT is proving itself to be an invaluable resource for businesses looking to utilize advanced AI tools.
What Development Can We Expect to See in the Coming Years?
ChatGPT is designed to generate text, images, and other content that can be used for customer service chatbots, virtual assistants like Alexa or Siri, search engines, and even email inboxes.
In 2023, experts expect to see a wave of new products and services powered by this incredible tech.
Already, Microsoft has expressed interest in incorporating it into its Bing, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint programs.
Plus, the New York City Department of Education has taken steps to block access to ChatGPT on school devices due to concerns about its potential impact on student learning.
Meanwhile, OpenAI is reportedly discussing a tender offer that would value the company at around $29 billion, potentially making it one of the most valuable US startups.
It goes without saying that ChatGPT is truly revolutionizing the way we interact with technology and do business.
Furthermore, what’s even crazier is the future is drastically changing in front of our very eyes.